Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Karl Marx on Christianity

"The social principles of Christianity preach cowardice, self -contempt, abasement, submissiveness and humbleness, in short all the qualities of the rabble, and the proletariat, which will not permit itself to be treated as rabble, needs its courage, its self-confidence, its pride and its sense of independence even more than its bread. The social principles of Christianity are sneaking and hypocritical, and the proletariat is revolutionary."

Karl Marx (Marx, The Communism of the Rheinische Beobachter, Marx, Engels Collected works).

Well I guess there should be no surprise why Christianity didn't do well in the ol USSR ah? Ah, but the world government were about to enter into looks more like Marx world view than the freedom many of us have enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. Ya know I posted this comment on my facebook account. Just like I do with all the quotes on this page. Imagine my horror when IT GOT ONE OF IF NOT THE BEST RESPONSE FROM MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS. I knew the pacific northwest was liberal, and that most of my high school friends were liberals. But my Golly jee wilikers!!!! :O

    Look at what he's saying man!!!! Look at what Russia did to the Christians, and their own people... This is not a good comment. Need I point this out.

    ReplyDelete